Confusion with the programing software

Hello everyone
I hope you are having a good day. My teammates and I are confused about the parrot drone claw attachment we can’t figure out how to program the drone to close and open the claw. is there a way to autonomously control the claw like you would the cannon?

I assume you are trying to use FTWCode. If so, its better to do it in Python as I haven’t been able to find anything in Blocks mode.

open_claw() Open the claw. Note that the claw should be attached for this to work. The id is obtained from a prior ask_for_state_update() call. Note that you cannot use the claw with the FPV camera attached.

close_claw() Close the claw. Note that the claw should be attached for this to work. The id is obtained from a prior ask_for_state_update() call. Note that you cannot use the claw with the FPV camera attached.

fire_gun() Fires the gun. Note that the gun should be attached for this to work. The id is obtained from a prior ask_for_state_update() call. Note that you cannot use the gun with the FPV camera attached.

Pulled from this page

Harry .W
Thank you for your help but we’re still stuck how do you type into the code to open the claw?

Sincerely,
Student 926

First, I’d need to know what program you are trying to use to code it.

We’re using the F.T.W block code.
Sincerely
Student926

Hope you figured it out? Just in case…

FTW doesn’t currently have an option for opening/closing the claw.

You’d have to program it in a Python program such as Thonny or Mu or something similar and download it.